What Is Scrip?
Scrip is a term that means “substitute money”. When you purchase scrip, you’re purchasing negotiable gift certificates and prepaid cards that are used just like cash. You can use scrip to purchase everyday expenses like food, clothing, and other essentials, and with every purchase, you earn revenue for our organization.
How scrip generates revenue for you
ShopWithScrip.com acts on behalf of churches, schools and other non profit organizations to purchase large amounts of scrip from grocery stores, department stores, and other retailers. Because the scrip is purchased with cash up front, the participating retailers offer a substantial discount. Our organization buys the scrip from Great Lakes Scrip Center at a discount, and re-sells the certificates to families like yours for full face value. The discount from two to fifteen percent or more – is our organization’s revenue.
Scrip is “shopping cart fundraising”
Scrip is a popular fundraiser because families don’t have to sell anything. Organization members produce revenue by making regular household purchases they would make anyway. Groceries, clothing, toys, gifts, even gasoline can be purchased with scrip.
Fifty percent of all profits go to our missionaries!
If you have any questions about SCRIP, please give Joan Dykstra a call at 920-988-4659 (cell) or 920-927-3308 (home). If you need SCRIP cards you can purchase them on Sundays before or after the church service.
You do not have to be a member of Faith Community to purchase SCRIP cards! Thank you for your continued support by purchasing SCRIP.
How to Buy Scrip:
1. Fill out an order form by putting the quantity of the Scrip Cards (gift certificates) you would like to order in the space provided next to the name of the card, and total the dollar amount(s). Be sure to include your name AND Telephone Number on the order form.
~ Order forms are located on the table in the lobby, or in the Scrip Drop Box (which is mounted on the wall next to the other mailboxes by the side entrance).
2. After you have filled out the order form, write a check or money order (or cash) for the total of your order. Make the check payable to: FCCRC-Scrip.
3. Place both the order form and your payment in the Scrip Drop Box by Sunday at 12:00 noon.
4. Your check or money order (or cash) will be cashed on Monday morning, and your scrip order placed.
5. Your scrip cards will be available for pick up at the church on Sunday mornings after church.
SHOP ONLINE: Shop Now